Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies II Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups confectioners' sugar. Beat in the vanilla and coconut extracts and salt. Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork dipped in confectioners' sugar.
step 3: Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until a light golden brown. While cookies are still warm from the oven, dust with the remaining confectioners' sugar.