Chocolate Coeur a la Creme with Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy
step 1: Line two 1/2-cup coeur a la creme molds or two 6-ounce custard cups with double thickness of dampened cheesecloth, extending far enough beyond edges to enclose filling completely.
step 2: Combine 1/4 cup whipping cream, cocoa and butter in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
step 3: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Add cocoa mixture, blending well. Add remaining 1/4 cup whipping cream; beat until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared molds. Fold cheesecloth over top. Place a wire rack in a tray or deep plate; place molds on rack.
step 4: Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. To serve, pull back cheesecloth and invert each mold onto a chilled dessert plate; carefully remove cheesecloth. Serve with STRAWBERRY SAUCE.
step 5: STRAWBERRY SAUCE: Puree 1 package (10 oz.) frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed, in food processor bowl or blender container. Strain puree through fine sieve into small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy), if desired. About 1 cup sauce.