Chocolate Cream Macaroon Tarts Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 (2 ounce) bar NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Spray sixteen mini-muffin pan cups with non-stick cooking spray.
step 2: FOR CRUST: COMBINE coconut, sugar and egg whites in large bowl; mix well for 2 to 3 minutes. Press 1 tablespoonful coconut mixture on bottom and up sides of each cup. Place muffin pans on baking sheet(s).
step 3: BAKE for 13 to 16 minutes or until tarts begin to brown. Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans onto wire rack. Cool completely.
step 4: FOR FILLING: BEAT butter in small mixer bowl at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy. Continue beating, gradually adding powdered sugar alternately with whipping cream and almond extract, scraping bowl often for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup; mix well. Stir in melted chocolate. Place filling in pastry bag fitted with star tip. Pipe filling evenly into coconut crusts. Garnish with almonds.