Chocolate Fruit Bar Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped dates
- ½ cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
step 2: Stir flour, baking powder and salt together. Beat eggs until light; add sugar gradually, beating well after each addition.
step 3: Stir in almond flavoring, then dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate pieces, fruits, and nuts.
step 4: Spread dough evenly in greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. If desired, when cooled, frost with powdered sugar icing. Cut into bars and garnish each bar with a chocolate piece.