Chocolate Fruit and Cheese Bars Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
step 2: In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs, flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press the remaining mixture into the prepared pan and set aside.
step 3: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, egg and vanilla together until smooth. Stir in the pie filling and spread over the top of the crust. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture and gently pat down. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes.