Chocolate Hazelnut Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup very finely chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup frozen loose-pack unsweetened red raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- fresh mint (optional)
step 1: For crust, in a bowl stir together flour, hazelnuts, and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter; toss to mix. Spread evenly in a 9-inch pie plate. Press onto bottom and sides to form a firm, even crust. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until brown. Cool.
step 2: For filling, in another mixing bowl combine cream cheese, melted chocolate, granulated sugar, and milk; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. In a chilled bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread in the cooled crust. Cover loosely and chill for several hours or overnight.
step 3: Before serving, in a small saucepan melt 1/4 cup chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine; drizzle onto pie. For sauce, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine raspberries and corn syrup; cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. If desired, press sauce through a sieve to remove seeds. Serve with pie. If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries and mint.