Chocolate Mint Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 4 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 3 egg whites
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons creme de menthe liqueur
- 1/3 cup white sugar
step 1: Combine 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and melted butter or margarine. Press firmly over bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Freeze.
step 2: Spread half of softened ice cream in crust. Drizzle 2 tablespoons creme de menthe and sprinkle 1/2 cup cookie crumbs over the ice cream. Repeat. Freeze till firm.
step 3: In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until slightly stiff. Gradually beat in sugar until peaks form. Fold in 2 teaspoons creme de menthe. Spread meringue over pie, and seal to edges. Freeze up to 24 hours.
step 4: Just before serving, broil until top is golden.