Chocolate Pear Spice Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups applesauce
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 small Bosc pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (2.6 ounce) bar milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
step 1: Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan.
step 2: Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs, applesauce, molasses, and butter in a large bowl. Beat in the cake mix along with the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and orange peel. Mix on medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan. Top the unbaked cake with pear slices; sprinkle evenly with the pecans and chopped chocolate.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes. Cool for 25 minutes before removing from pan.