Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Pistachio Crust Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries - thawed and drained
- 1 cup HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
step 1: Prepare Pistachio Crust: Heat oven to 375 F. Generously grease bottom and sides of 9-inch tart pan or 9-inch pie plate. In small mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg yolks; beat until well blended. Add flour; mix well. Stir in pistachio nuts. Press mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
step 2: Discard liquid from raspberries. In food processor or blender, puree raspberries; strain to remove seeds, if desired.
step 3: In medium saucepan over low heat, place chocolate chips and butter; stir constantly until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in pureed raspberries and vanilla. Cool slightly. Fold in 2-1/2 cups whipped topping; blend well. Spread mixture over prepared crust. Refrigerate 1 hour. Spread remaining 1 cup whipped topping over tart. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts. Garnish with raspberries, if desired. Refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled. Cover; store in refrigerator.