Chocolate Rum Balls II Recipe
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- ¼ cup rum
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles (jimmies)
step 1: In the microwave or in a bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth.
step 2: Process the almonds in a food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, instant coffee and rum. Blend in the melted chocolate. If dough is too soft to form balls, chill for 1 hour.
step 3: Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls in the chocolate sprinkles. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until serving time.