Chocolate Turnovers Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
step 1: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
step 2: Unfold one pastry sheet; roll on lightly floured surface to form 12-inch square. Cut into nine 4-inch squares. Place 1 heaping tablespoon chip mixture onto center of each square.
step 3: Lightly brush egg mixture onto edges of each square. Fold diagonally in half; seal edges. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining puff pastry sheet and remaining chip mixture. Lightly brush tops of turnovers with egg mixture.
step 4: Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack.
step 5: Place remaining 1/2 cup chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Drizzle melted chocolate over each turnover.