Chocolate and Fruit Trifle Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
step 1: Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
step 2: Crumble enough cake to measure 8 cups; set aside. (Save remaining cake for another use.)
step 3: In a mixing bowl, combine milk and water until smooth. Add pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in the whipped cream.
step 4: To assemble, spread 2-1/2 cups pudding mixture in a 4-qt. glass bowl. Top with half of the crumbled cake; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon orange juice. Arrange half of the berries and kiwi over cake. Repeat pudding and cake layers; sprinkle with remaining orange juice. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Spoon remaining fruit around edge of bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.