Chocolatey Peanut Butter Fingers Recipe
- 1/2 cup Butter Flavor CRISCO® Stick or Butter Flavor CRISCO® All-Vegetable Shortening, plus additional for greasing
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Milk chocolate English toffee bits (optional)
step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with shortening.
step 2: For cookie base, combine shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and water in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in 1/3 cup JIF(R)Peanut Butter and vanilla.
step 3: Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Spread in greased baking dish.
step 4: Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light brown and center is just set. Do not over-bake. Remove pan and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes or until chips become shiny and soft. Spread to cover. Cool slightly. Cut into bars about 2x13/4-inches. Cool completely.
step 5: For drizzle and topping, combine confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons JIF(R)Peanut Butter and evaporated milk. Stir until well blended. Drizzle over chocolate. Sprinkle with toffee bits, if desired.