Christmas Eve Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 1/2 tablespoons tapioca
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
step 1: Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
step 2: Place beef, tomatoes, celery, carrots, potatoes, onions, and tapioca into a Dutch oven. Season with beef bouillon, thyme, rosemary, and marjoram; stir in red wine. Place the lid on the Dutch oven.
step 3: Bake for 5 to 6 hours in the preheated oven. Add peas during last half hour of cooking.