Christmas Jewels Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup candied pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
step 1: Grease and line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
step 2: Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder, ground nutmeg, vanilla, candied pineapple, and almond slivers. Mix well. Put in prepared loaf pan. Freeze overnight.
step 3: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 4: Slice crosswise and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.