Cilantro Orzo and Beef Recipe
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, undrained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean steak, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: Mix broth, pasta, corn and chilies in 2-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender; remove from heat. Let stand about 5 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed.
step 2: While pasta mixture is cooking, spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef and bell pepper in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown.
step 3: Stir beef mixture into pasta mixture. Stir in cilantro.