Cinnamon Football Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
step 2: Mix brown sugar, butter and vanilla in large bowl. Work in flour, cinnamon and salt until dough holds together.
step 3: Shape dough by scant tablespoonfuls around almonds to form football shapes. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
step 4: Mix powdered sugar and just enough water to make a paste that can be piped from decorating bag. Place Decorating Glaze in decorating bag fitted with writing tip #3. Make football laces on cookies. Makes 24 cookies.