Citrus Glazed Banana Squash Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds banana squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
step 1: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash cubes and water. Cover, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until squash is tender. Stir occasionally, and add more water if necessary to prevent squash from sticking to the pan.
step 2: Reduce heat to low, and stir in the orange juice, apricot preserves, cloves, salt and pepper. Cook and stir uncovered until squash is evenly glazed.