Citrus Scallops I Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound scallops
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the red bell pepper, green onions and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the scallops, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook until the scallops are opaque and the red bell pepper is tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
step 2: Stir in the lime zest and juice, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook for 1 minute. Add the oranges and cilantro, cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.