Clams Creole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, white part only
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 2 pounds fresh cherrystone or littleneck clams, scrubbed
step 1: Heat oil in a pot large enough to hold your clams, over medium heat. Add the onions, green pepper, celery and garlic; and cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
step 2: Stir in the can of tomatoes with green chilies, wine and clams. Turn the heat up to medium-high, cover the pot, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or just until all of the clams have opened. Remove from heat immediately.