Classic Carrot Cake Recipe
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup eggbeaters
- 3/8 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups finely shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- butter flavored cooking spray
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
step 2: In small bowl whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters. Set aside.
step 3: In large bowl beat SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil. Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
step 4: Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, ice if desired.