Classic Sausage-and-Pepper Grill Recipe
- cooking spray
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut in half crosswise
- 4 red bell peppers, quartered
- 2 yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 5 (3 ounce) turkey Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
step 1: Prepare grill. Coat the grill rack with cooking spray.
step 2: Cut an 18 x 12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil. Place potatoes and garlic in center of foil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Fold foil over vegetables, tightly sealing edges. Add foil pouch to grill rack. Grill 30 minutes, turning foil pouch occasionally.
step 3: Lightly coat onion and bell peppers with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place onion on grill rack; grill 15 minutes. Turn onion over; add bell peppers and sausage. Grill an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is done; turn occasionally. Remove from grill.
step 4: Slice bell peppers into strips; coarsely chop onion. Combine bell peppers, onion, and potatoes in a large bowl. Squeeze garlic cloves into a small bowl to extract garlic pulp, and discard skins. Add parsley and oregano, tossing well. Slice grilled sausage links into 1/2-inch-thick slices, and serve with bell pepper mixture.