Classy Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
- 10 ounces dry fettuccini noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound peeled, seeded and grated pumpkin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons lite sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
step 2: In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and cook pumpkin for about 10 minutes or until it begins to break apart.
step 3: Add tomato paste, sour cream and chili powder to taste; mix well. The mixture should be mushy and an even golden-orange color.
step 4: Scoop spoonfuls of the pumpkin mixture over the pasta; mix well to coat and serve.