Coconut Chicken Biryani Recipe
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/4 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (6.9 ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
- 1 cup reduced fat canned coconut milk
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
step 1: Combine coriander, curry powder and pie spice in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 teaspoon mixture. Rub chicken breasts with remaining mixture.
step 2: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
step 3: In same skillet, saute rice-vermicelli mix with remaining 1 tablespoon oil until vermicelli is golden brown.
step 4: Add 1 cup water, coconut milk, reserved 1/4 teaspoon spice mixture and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
step 5: Stir in carrots, green onion and raisins. Place chicken over rice; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside.
step 6: To serve, cut chicken breasts diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices. Mound rice on a platter, arrange chicken slices around rice. Garnish with reserved almonds.