Coconut Shrimp II Recipe
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 10 ounces orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces unsweetened flaked coconut
step 1: Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together marmalade, horseradish and mustard; set aside.
step 2: Combine 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, paprika, curry powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in beer.
step 3: Dredge shrimp in 1/4 cup flour, dip in beer batter and roll in coconut.
step 4: Fry shrimp in hot oil until golden on both sides. Drain briefly and serve with reserved dipping sauce.