Cod Fish Cakes Recipe
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 pound cod fillets, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying
step 1: Place the potatoes in a large pot of water, bring the water to a boil. Let the potatoes cook until they are almost tender.
step 2: Add the fish to the pot and let the fish and potatoes cook until they are both soft. Drain well and transfer the potatoes and fish to a large mixing bowl.
step 3: Add butter, onion, parsley, and egg to the bowl; mash the mixture together. Mold the mixture into patties.
step 4: Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Fry the patties on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.