Cola Pot Roast I Recipe
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 packet dry spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
step 1: In a large bowl, break up tomatoes in their juice. Stir in cola, spaghetti sauce mix, onion, celery, salt, and garlic salt. Stir until spaghetti sauce mix is dissolved.
step 2: In a Dutch oven, over medium high heat, brown meat in oil about 10 minutes on each side. Drain off all fat. Pour tomato mixture over meat. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer slowly for about 2 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender.