Cola Sauce Chicken Recipe
- 3 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
step 1: Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil and butter in a very large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and saute until golden on one side, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and repeat on other side. Repeat in batches until all chicken is browned; place on plate or platter and set aside.
step 2: In same skillet, saute mushrooms until golden. Stir in garlic and green onion and saute until soft. Sprinkle flour onto mixture and cook, stirring, until mixture is a light color (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in cola beverage, broth, parsley, bay leaf and rosemary and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring.
step 3: Return chicken to skillet, bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and cooked through (no longer pink inside).