Cold Crawfish Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 pounds crawfish tails, with fat
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
step 1: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the green onions, and cook until wilted. Add the crawfish tails, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
step 2: In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until well blended. I like to use an electric mixer. Season with hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce until the mixture is pink in color. When the crawfish have cooled slightly, stir them and the butter into the dip along with the rest of the green onion. Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight to properly blend the flavors.