Colorful Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 ½ cups dry potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Cook onion, red and green bell peppers, and carrots until tender.
step 2: Stir in thawed corn, potato flakes, salt, ground peppers, and 3 cups water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
step 3: Stir in milk and half and half. Warm only. Do not boil. Serve sprinkled with grated cheese.