Coney Island Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
step 1: In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is well browned. Crumble meat to a fine texture with a fork, if necessary; drain excess fat.
step 2: Stir in the mustard, vinegar, sugar, water, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, hot pepper sauce and ketchup. Mix well reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes.