Congeal Salad Recipe
- 1 (6 ounce) package fruit flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 32 ounces large curd cottage cheese
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
step 1: Prepare gelatin according to package directions, substituting 1 cup cold water with 1 cup crushed ice. Place gelatin into freezer until almost congealed.
step 2: Place cream cheese in a bowl and beat until smooth. Fold cream cheese into gelatin. Add cottage cheese, fruit cocktail, pineapple, oranges, apples, banana, cherries and walnuts. Mix well.
step 3: Pour into mold or dish and refrigerate until completely set.