Continental Chicken Recipe
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ cup pitted black olives
step 1: Dredge chicken pieces in flour until well coated. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and brown coated chicken pieces slowly in hot oil.
step 2: Meanwhile, combine reserved mushroom liquid with the tomatoes, soy sauce and garlic in a large saucepan and stir together. Add browned chicken and onion and stir together; cover saucepan and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
step 3: Stir in mushrooms and olives and bring all to a boil; serve hot, coating with additional soy sauce if desired.