Cooking Light magazine's Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can light cherry pie filling
step 1: Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
step 2: Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Combine crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar, and margarine. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and 2 inches up sides of pan.
step 3: Combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, and next 5 ingredients (flour through eggs) in a large bowl; beat at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add milk and sour cream to cheese mixture; beat until smooth.
step 4: Beat egg whites (at room temperature) at high speed of a mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form using clean, dry beaters. Gently fold egg white mixture into cheese mixture.
step 5: Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes or until almost set. Remove from oven, and cool completely on a wire rack; cover and chill 8 hours. Top with pie filling.