Cooking Light magazine's Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
step 2: Dip chicken in egg; dredge in crumbs.
step 3: Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
step 4: Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and simmer 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.