Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 heads butterhead lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 ears sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 2 avocados - peeled, seeded and cubed
- ⅔ cup red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
step 1: Saute bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, red bell pepper, green onions and corn, and mix together. Carefully stir in the cubed avocado.
step 3: In a separate small bowl, whisk together the red wine and vinegar dressing, the blue cheese dressing, and the honey.
step 4: Pour the dressing mixture over the salad and toss. Add bacon just before serving to keep it crunchy.