Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 ½ (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 3 quarts water
- 2 cups non-dairy creamer
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Render bacon in a skillet and set aside.
step 2: In a stockpot add the water, onion, celery and potatoes. If desired, add 2 chopped carrots. Boil until tender. Add the non-dairy creamer, stirring constantly. Add the corn, onion powder, chicken soup base, salt, pepper and cooked bacon.
step 3: Bring mixture to a boil. Whisk together the flour and the 1 cup water and slowly add this mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Ladle into bowls and serve.