Corn and Rice Medley Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 large shallots, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
step 1: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rice, add the water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 16 to 18 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
step 2: Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in corn, shallots, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
step 3: In a serving bowl combine cooked rice, corn mixture and mint.