Corn and Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
- 4 ears fresh corn kernels
- 2 seeded and finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 pound husked, cored and chopped tomatillos
- 1/2 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
step 1: In a large skillet, combine the corn kernels and jalapeno peppers. Cook and stir for 10 minutes, until the jalapenos are soft.
step 2: In a saucepan over high heat, combine the corn and jalapeno mixture with the tomatillos, green bell peppers, green onions, lime juice, water and coriander. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro. Allow the mixture to cool in the refrigerator. Serve with tortilla chips.