Cornbread Sausage Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream style corn
- 5 fluid ounces water
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
step 2: Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
step 3: In a medium bowl, mix corn bread mix, cream style corn and water.
step 4: Cover the bottom of the prepared baking dish with about 1/2 inch of the corn bread mixture. Layer mixture with sausage, followed by onion and jalapeno. Cover with cheese. Top with remaining corn bread mixture, using only as much as will fit in the baking dish.
step 5: Cook 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.