Cornish Game Hens with Olive Rice Stuffing Recipe
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup Lindsay® Black Ripe Pitted Olives, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 4 Cornish game hens
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
step 1: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine rice, olives, pine nuts, cranberries, celery and cheese; mix well.
step 2: Rinse hens in cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Fill cavities with rice mixture; close and secure with wooden picks. Place hens in a shallow roasting pan or large casserole dish. Brush butter over hens; top with garlic powder and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle orange juice evenly over hens. Bake until hens are golden brown and juices run clear, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.