Country Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package breakfast sausage
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (2.64 ounce) package country gravy mix
- 6 slices bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- paprika to taste (optional)
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 11x8 inch baking dish.
step 2: Brown sausage in a large skillet; drain fat.
step 3: Combine sausage with green onion and spread evenly across the bottom of the baking dish. Top with shredded cheese. Whisk together eggs, water, milk, and gravy mix; add mixture to baking dish. Arrange bread squares evenly on top. If desired, drizzle melted butter over bread, and sprinkle with paprika.
step 4: Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside 10 minutes before serving.