Country House Fudge Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 (4 ounce) bars German sweet chocolate
- 7 ounces chocolate candy bar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped walnuts
step 1: Butter 2 - 9x13 inch pans. Set aside.
step 2: In a large bowl, place chocolate chips and broken up chocolate bars. Make a depression in chocolate pieces, then scoop marshmallow creme into it.
step 3: In a medium saucepan, cook sugar, salt, butter, and milk for about 8 to 10 minutes. (Start timing after boiling begins) Remove from heat, add chocolate chip mixture, vanilla, and chopped nuts. Mix RAPIDLY with large wooden spoon. Pour into buttered pans.