Chile Prawns Recipe
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup tomato-based chili sauce
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup hot ketchup
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Dredge prawns in flour, then fry in the hot oil until golden. Remove to paper towels to drain.
step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the chile sauce, pomegranate juice, Sriracha hot sauce, hot ketchup, regular ketchup, soy sauce, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour the sauce into a wok, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the sauce has reduced by about 10 percent and has thickened slightly. Mix the prawns into the sauce, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.