Covered with Kisses Chocolate-Cherry Torte Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- 1 (10 ounce) package HERSHEY®'S MINI KISSES™ Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces
step 1: Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom only of 9-inch springform pan, or line 9-inch round cake pan with foil; grease bottom of foil.
step 2: Stir together melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; using spoon, beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating with spoon until well blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
step 3: Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgey and will not test done.) Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
step 4: Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat cream until stiff; gradually fold into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over top of torte; refrigerate several hours or until set. With knife loosen cake from side of pan; remove side of pan. (Or, lift torte out of pan, using foil; remove foil.).
step 5: Just before serving, put baking pieces in 6-inch-wide heart outline in center of cake. Fill heart shape with cherries from pie filling; put baking pieces all around outside edge. Serve cold, cut into wedges, with remaining pie filling. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert.