Cowboy Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound cubed or minced pork stew meat
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- ⅓ cup apricot preserves
- 12 taco shells
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, for topping
step 1: In a large resealable bag, toss pork meat with the taco seasoning mix until coated. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the seasoned pork in the hot oil, stirring occasionally until pork is no longer pink.
step 2: Stir the beans, salsa and apricot preserves into the skillet with the pork. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
step 3: Spoon 1/3 cup of the pork mixture into each taco shell, and top with sliced olives.