Crab Cakes with Curried Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups low sodium buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash lemon juice
- Old Bay Seasoning TM to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
step 1: In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup mayonnaise and yogurt. Season with curry powder, chile pepper, and garlic powder. Stir in the mango chutney. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
step 2: In a separate bowl, toss together the green onion, jalapeno, garlic, bread crumbs, and 1/2 the crackers. Mix in the egg, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and Old Bay seasoning. Fold in the crabmeat. Form the mixture into 6 cakes and evenly coat with the remaining bread crumbs.
step 3: Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook each cake about 5 minutes on each side, until heated through and golden brown. Serve with the chilled sauce mixture.