Crab Rangoon II Recipe
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 medium head bok choy, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped snow peas
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab meat, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) package small won ton wrappers
step 1: Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or large, heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Add bok choy and pea pods, and stir fry until the bok choy and pea pods are crisp-tender.
step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine crab, cream cheese, soy sauce and sauteed vegetable mixture. Drop mixture by 3/4 teaspoon into the center of a won ton wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to make a triangle. Seal the wrapper around the mixture by wetting your finger with cold water and pressing the ends together.
step 4: In batches, fry the dumplings in the prepared oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.