Crabby Cliff's Mushroom Puffs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups fresh chopped mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms, green onions, garlic and cayenne pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Transfer the mushroom mixture to a medium bowl. Blend in the cream cheese and crabmeat.
step 3: On a lightly floured flat surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12x12 inch square. Cut each sheet into nine 4x4 inch squares. Place 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture onto each pastry square. Fold the squares by bringing the corners to the center, creating an X. Place the squares on a medium baking sheet.
step 4: Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.