Crabby Cream Cheese Wontons Recipe
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 egg whites
step 1: Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, imitation crabmeat, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and green onions.
step 3: Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
step 4: Place egg whites in a small bowl. Using the fingers, spread egg white over two edges of the wonton wrappers. Fold into triangles and press to seal edges.
step 5: In small batches, deep fry the wontons until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve warm.